In this episode of Doing Diversity in Writing, we—Bethany and Mariëlle—take a pause to talk about what to do when hiring professionals to better your writing is not an option (yet).
Listen to it here on Podbean or find us on your favourite podcast app.
What we talked about
- That there’s privilege in being able to advice others to do it right or not do it at all
- That not everyone has the same resources going into publishing their work
- What options are out there for authors with limited or no budgets
(Re)sources mentioned on the show
- “The different kinds of editing explained” by Mariëlle: https://mswordsmith.nl/editing-tips-tricks-different-kinds-editing-explained
- The Salt & Sage Books Incomplete Guides: https://books2read.com/ap/8Vy9vl/Salt-Sage-Books
- The Writers for Diversity Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/779217692216226
- The Writing the Other website: https://writingtheother.com
- Writing the Other: A Practical Approach: https://writingtheother.com/the-book
- CritiqueMatch: https://critiquematch.com
- Scribophile: https://www.scribophile.com
- Mariëlle’s 52 Weeks of Writing Author Journal and Planner: https://mswordsmith.nl/journal
Subscribe to our newsletter here and get our Doing Diversity in Writing Toolkit, including our Calm the F*ck Down Checklist and Cultural Appropriation Checklist.
As always, we’d love for you to join the conversation by filling out our Writer and Reader Questionnaires.
Leave a Reply